Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day and the A and F families

We started the C day right on time, working off my schedule on food preparations .....but at 10 we lost all power. Family arrived and still, no power. I am thinking that I could light the stove top, but not the oven. My mind is busy coming up with alternatives on how to cook the ham. I could fry it up in a pan, eat it cold, or BBQ it. The men of course.......like the BBQ idea. ha Gage pulled out his violin and played a few songs for us. More family arrives and the house is alive with noise and activity. I decided not to worry about it, dinner was hours off anyway so we continue with a fun day. We opened presents and everyone loved their gifts. I got a awesome glass wind chime and some lentil shapers that I have been wanting for a long time. I pulled out the yummy snacks and everyone settled down visiting and playing games. The grand kids were having a lot of fun, running through the house chasing each other. I had some of those long balloons so I shaped some into a proton pack so my grandson Gage could pretend he was a ghost buster. Jack is 4 and LOVES his cousin Gage, 9. Right at 3:30, 5 1/2 hours later the power came back on. Kate got busy making the pie, I got the ham ready to go into the oven and Melissa started peeling her sweet potatoes. We ate right on time despite the power outage. It was a fun day over all and I was ready to hit the sack at 9. lol Here are a few pictures from that day too.



















No comments: