Thursday, March 12, 2009

Deer in the Head Lights or......Yanni's coming to town

Most of you know my extreme illogical love for Yanni. I fell in love with his music years ago and I still have a fascination with it. Hey……….its good music as long as you don’t have to look at him perform. He is such an ego manic, so in love with himself and……... I admit………..is really gross to watch.

Moving on……….. He has a new show. PBS has been running their pledge week around this new performance. There was nothing else on tv to on Sunday so I turned it on. I was very pleased to see new music and a new style of songs…..well……….sort of. He had new musicians too. Yanni even sported a new hair cut, he no longer had those long locks of hair that he flipped around like some super model during a hair commercial for shampoo.

We ……….ummm………..no…………. I was enjoying the music; “The Man” was not. He would make comments every so often, mostly what he thought of Yanni, the way he moves like some gay guy on crack, or just comments on how little music he is playing but taking all the credit. He made one final comment that I thought was interesting. “The Man” said……… “I would probably enjoy it more if I was watching a live performance and was in the audience”. Just at that moment PBS went to their pledge break. They talked about all the different levels of support you could sign up for. The 300 dollar level will get you tickets to the show………….SHOW??? The 1000 dollar level will get you front row tickets to the show and back stage passes………….BACK STAGE PASSES?? I couldn’t believe it………. they were saying those magic words………..the words I have wanted to hear from many years…………… YANNI WAS COMING TO THE ARCO ARENA……..IN SACRAMENTO!!!

I squealed in delight, so happy and so excited to the possibility of maybe………..hopefully…………going to see my STAR!! I looked over to “The Man”, I could see the realization was taking shape, the realization that he was going to have to eat his words…………the realization that…………maybe………nope not…………he would have to actually GO see Yanni’s new show. His eyes were bugged; his eyes were glazed….. like those of a deer in the head lights, disbelief on his face, grasping at thoughts of running for his life.

Long story short…………….nope…………no Yanni, no front row seats, no back stage passes…………. Just promises of a maybe……….a cd when it comes out in the stores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture that moment...HAHAHA