Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Romance and Love ……..eternal

Yesterday was our anniversary. We have been married for 8 years but have been together for almost 11. I guess you can say we have a very odd relationship in the sense we never fight, or yell at each other or argue. Its not that we don’t occasionally piss each other off, we do that for sure. It’s just that we get along so well; there has never been a time that we felt we had to resort to fighting.

I am sure most of you have heard the word “soul mate”. It’s an over used term and I never gave it much thought. It was always a ridiculous idea to me. But……. this is how I would describe our marriage, we are “soul mates”, destined to be together through out our life. I know I know……. this posting is so oooooooy goooy silly. Oh well……….bit the bullet and read on.

“The Man’ had asked me two weeks ago what I wanted for our anniversary. I told him nothing, but then I thought of a fun little game. I said………lets write a love letter to each other. We can read it to each other during our anniversary dinner. He gave me that “LOOK”………which meant I was insane……..but yet there was something in his eyes that said he liked the idea. I started my letter right away, struggling to put my feelings into words. I found that it’s very hard to express such strong emotions in text. I would stop and start, erase and start again. I knew what I felt, but the words just were not right. It took me five days to finally come up with something I was proud of.

Last night we went out to our anniversary dinner. I asked “the Man” on our drive over to the restaurant if he had his letter, he pretended not to……but then smiled at me. I almost thought I saw a tear in his eye. Hmmm…….maybe not....hmmm maybe so. At the restaurant we sat down, got comfortable and ordered our meals. Before I could even ask “when” did we want to read our letters…………”the Man” brought his out. He started first………with tears in his eyes, he read out loud the words............the words that overwhelmed me, made my eyes tear up, made me smile and sob at the same time. I was blown away and SO PROUD OF HIM, and SO IN LOVE WITH HIM.......…………it was an amazing moment that I will cherish for ever.

I will always look back on this night and know, even though “the Man” doesn’t always say the words, I know in his heart he feels them and so do I.

3 comments:

MelissaF said...

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! That is the cutest sappyist story EVER! Dad is so great! Sorry I missed your big day. I suck!

Anonymous said...

I am The Man!

-C

Anonymous said...

OMG ! You both are so fortunate to have found your soul mate. What a wonderful idea, and a wonderful story. I'm happy you have both found such a deep love that will last forever.

Sista V :-}